Click on the arrow to the left to collapse the menu
Now, click on the arrow to the left to expand the menu
To attach multiple files:
1) Close all programs, unless one is used to connect you to the Internet.
2) Start the Browser
To start Respondus LockDown Browser, locate the “LockDown Browser” icon on the desktop and double-click it. (Mac users can find it in their Applications folder.)
Alternatively, Windows users can go to “Programs,” select “Respondus” and click “Respondus LockDown Browser.”
Once the LockDown Browser is activiated, you will only see a few icons:
2) Login to Course, Select Exam
You will be asked to choose a server. Click on the drop down arrow, select BB9.1 KSU for Blackboard Learn, then click OK. The next screen will prompt you to log in to Blackboard Learn.
Note: If a student tries to access the exam using a regular browser, they will encounter a message indicating that they must instead use Respondus LockDown Browser, as shown here.
If the instructor did not set up the test with a password, the No option should be selected, if not already please select. Click the Continue button
Respondus LockDown Browser will automatically fill in a special password on the next screen. It’s important that this password field isn’t modified. Click the Submit button.
The test will then start. (Note, once a test has been started with Respondus LockDown Browser, you cannot exit until the Submit button is clicked.)
Note Important! If you are not clicking on Lockdown browser icon you are not in Lockdown browser and cannot begin your test. You will see the screen below if you are opening Learn in any other browser. For example, the image below I’m trying to take my test using another browser such as FireFox .
This is incorrect and if you select Begin you will get the below image , and you can’t proceed with the test.
If you have not installed the Respondus Lockdown Browser please do so by clicking the link below and follow the installation instructions.
Respondus LockDown Browser™ is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard. When using Respondus LockDown Browser to take a test, you will be unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading.
1. Click Here to download the Respondus Lockdown Browser installer.
2. Select Windows or Mac.
3. Select the type of computer you are using.
4. Chose either download link.
5. Navigate to the Downloads folder, or wherever you saved the installer file to.
File LocationThe installer file will be more than likely saved in the Downloads folder.
6. Run File
7. Double-click on the LockDownSFX.exe file to start the installation. If a Security Windows comes up asking if you want to run the file, Click Run
8. Click on the LockDown Browser, Click to Install button.
9. A "Preparing setup" windows will run.
10. Once the Install Wizard is complete: Click Finish.
11. To launch the Respondus Lockdown Browser, double-click on the shortcut that was created on the desktop.
12. You can now login into Blackboard using your FlashLine account.
1. Click here to download the Respondus Lockdown Browser installer. Depending on your computer's configuration the .zip file will most likely be saved to your Downloads folder. The InstallLDBPackage.zip file will look like this in your Downloads folder.
2. Select Mac.
3. Select the type of computer you are using.
4. Choose either server to begin the download
5. Double click on the InstallLDBPackage.zip file to unzip the file. You will see a yellow box labelled Install Respondus LockDown Browser.pkg. Double click this file to begin the installation process.
6. Once you click on the Install Respondus LockDown Browser.pkg the install screen will appear. Click the Continue button to begin.
7. Verify your system requirements with your computer. If your computer does meet these requirements click Continue.
8. On the next screen you can choose an Install Location. Typically you will want to install the program on your Macintosh HD. Click Install to start the installation of the program.
9. Once the installation is done the following screen will be displayed. The install is complete and you can click the Close button.
10. To open the Respondus LockDown Browser just go to your Application Folder and it should be listed as an available application.
Answer: If using Internet Explorer 8X , recommend using Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari as your browser when working with wiki postings.